Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Upon waking

I swam to the surface of consciousness this morning and drifted in that state of non-quite awake and not fully emerged in dreamland and for the first time in a long time I wanted to write. I didn't feel forced because of a looming deadline (though it is definitely looming). I sincerely wanted to write. I sit down at my computer and nothing flows, nothing comes to me. I realized this was actually a great time to take notes and get at least some work done on this project. But, what do I do? I sit down and pop in a movie. I have never been more disappointed in myself.
Tomorrow, I told myself, would be different, but will it really? If I don't light a fire under my ass nothing will come of my writing. I will never get better and I will never be published. On that note, I think its time to actually get some work done.

1 comment:

  1. Mayhaps if you just let the story come to you, it would be easier. In my experiences, good stories are alot like beautiful strangers. If you seem as if you want nothing to do with them, they usually come to you, intrigued. Just this ferret's two pennies.

    ReplyDelete